Serey, Inc Terms of Services
Effective June 22, 2020
1. We want you to understand how and why Serey, Inc (“Serey,” “we” or “us”) collects, uses, and shares information about you when you access and use Serey’s websites, mobile apps, widgets, and other online products and services (collectively, the "Services") or when you otherwise interact with us.
Information You Provide to Us
2. We collect information you provide directly to us when you use our Services. Depending on which Service you use, we may collect different information about you. This includes:
Information Regarding Your Use of the Services
3. We collect the content and other information you provide when you use our Services. This includes information used to create your account (e.g., a username, an email address, phone number), account preferences, and the content of information you post to the Services (e.g., text, photos, videos, links).
4. You may choose to provide other information directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you fill out a form, participate in contests, sweepstakes or promotions, apply for a job, communicate with us via third-party sites and services, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
Information We Collect Automatically
5. When you access or use our Services, we may also automatically collect information about you. This includes:
Log and Usage Data
6. We may log information when you access and use the Services. This may include your IP address, user-agent string, browser type, operating system, referral URLs, device information (e.g., device IDs), pages visited, links clicked, user interactions (e.g., voting data), the requested URL, hardware settings, and search terms.
8. With your consent, we may collect information about the specific location of your mobile device (for example, by using GPS or Bluetooth). You can revoke this consent at any time by changing the preferences on your device, but doing so may affect your ability to use all of the features and functionality of our Services.
How We Use Information About You
10. We use information about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Services.
- Help protect the safety of Serey and our users, which includes blocking suspected spammers, addressing abuse, and enforcing the Serey user agreement and the Terms of Service.
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, invoices and other support and administrative messages.
- Provide customer service.
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events, and provide other news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to opt out of these communications, see “Your Choices” below)
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services.
- Personalize the Services and provide advertisements, content and features that match user profiles or interests.
12. Please note that, even when you delete your account, the posts, comments and messages you submit through the Services may still be viewable or available on our servers. For more information, see “Your Choices” below.
- Except as it relates to advertisers and our ad partners, we may share information with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work for us;
- If you participate in contests, sweepstakes, promotions, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with our Services, we may share information with entities that partner with us to provide these offerings;
- We may share information (and will attempt to provide you with prior notice, to the extent legally permissible) in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
- We may share information in response to an emergency if we believe it's necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person;
- We may share information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements, or other Serey policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves and others;
- We may share information between and among Serey, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- We may share information with your consent or at your direction.
14. We may share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Ads and Analytics Partners
15. We may partner with third-party advertisers, ad networks, and analytics providers to deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests and to better understand your use of the Services. These third parties may collect information sent by your computer, browser, or mobile device in response to a request for content, such as unique identifiers, your IP address, or other information about your computer or device. For example:
Advertisers and Ad Networks
17. We use analytics partners (such as Google Analytics) to help analyze usage and traffic for our Services. As an example, we may use analytics partners to analyze and measure, in the aggregate, the number of unique visitors to our Services.
18. For more information about how you may control the collection and/or use of information for advertising and analytics purposes, please see “Your Choices.”
19. We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Children under 13
20. Although we welcome users from all walks of life, Serey is not intended or directed at individuals under the age of 13. Therefore, individuals under the age of 13 may not create an account or otherwise access or use the Services.
21. As a Serey user, you have choices about how to protect and limit the collection, use, and disclosure of, information about you. This includes:
22. We may provide you with tools and preference settings that allow you to access, correct, delete, and modify information associated with your account.
23. You may delete your account information at any time by logging into your account and following the steps under “Preferences.” When you delete your account, your profile is no longer visible to other users and disassociated from content you posted under that account. Please note, however, that the posts, comments, and messages you submitted prior to deleting your account will still be visible to others, unless you delete such content. We may also retain certain information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes after you delete your account. Any information that has been published to the serey blockchain will also remain indefinitely.
Third-Party Advertising and Analytics
25. Some analytics providers may provide specific opt-out mechanisms (e.g. Google Analytics Opt-out), and we will provide, as needed, additional tools and third-party services that allow you to better understand cookies and how you can opt-out. You have the ability to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes. For more information about behavioral advertising, or to opt out, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices.
Do Not Track
26. Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that you can set in most web browsers. We support DNT in our Services. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to web browsers’ DNT signals. When you have DNT enabled, we may still use information collected for analytics and measurement purposes or to otherwise provide our Services (e.g., serey.io buttons), but we will not load any third-party trackers. You may, however, opt out of having information about you collected and used for behavioral advertising purposes, as described above.
27. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as information about your account or your use of our Services.
28. With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.